Find us on Google+ Astronomy Box: DSO 2 - My First M31 Andromeda Galaxy Image

21 July 2012

DSO 2 - My First M31 Andromeda Galaxy Image

Last night we finally saw an end to the seemingly perminent grey weather and were blessed some some clear skies. I've been itching to give my Megrez 72 it's first imaging run and chose M31 as my target, as it was positioned very conveniently in the sky. Here are the results


OTA: WO 72mm Megrez w/ Moonlite Focuser
Camera: Nikon D3100 14.2mp
Mount: HEQ5 Pro
Exposures: 1
Exposure: 1min
ISO: 3200

My next goal is a guided image of M31 using an OAG and Orion Starshoot Autoguider.


I foresee that acquiring a guide star will prove difficult, as I learned last night while trying to use PHD. However, I'm sure with a little patience and luck I'll succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment